Monday, May 2, 2011

The beginning.

     I have been approached by a few friends as of late, being told to write a blog. At first, I was skeptical; eventually ideas came welling up inside me. What do I have to lose? I am a realist, maybe a pessimist, and I need facts if I am to believe a story (especially an outlandish one). I'm not as much of a grouch as I make myself out to be. I'm athletic, I have friends, I've been told I'm funny, and I believe I am well liked among my acquaintances. I realize this blog is about politics and the young independent's thought-out views, but I felt no need to be abrasive when we're just getting to know each other. Let's start off with me stating off certain beliefs so that you may know where i stand on relevant issues.
  •  Abortion - It's best not to have one,but im not going to attack someone for having one
  • Affirmative action- Come's out of social upbringing, not race. Who are we to tell others they can't do something on their own based on the color of their skin?
  • Collective Bargaining- Yes. Defiantly. It protects the worker and the consumer.
  • Higher taxes for the rich- Not too much higher, but yes.
  • Regulation- Regulate monopolies and big corporations, not small businesses.
  • Gay marriage- I don't care. I am all for a civil union. And allowing homosexuals adopt children.
  • Prosecute hate crimes- Yes! A crime committed solely because of race or sex is heinous and should be treated as such.
  • Marijuana legalization - If you have glaucoma, cancer, etc.
  • Diplomacy first- Yes. Exhaust all options before going to war.
  • Nuclear Proliferation- No. Eliminate nuclear arms.
  • Social Security- No. It's a broken system.
  • Welfare- Yes
  • Unemployment benefits- Yes, stimulates the economy.
 I'm sure there are many more issues to look into, but these are most of the ones I care about. I apologize if this blog may seem like, Me Me Me.. because I want this blog to be as much about you as me. Comment and/or message and i will try to respond. I will be happy to debate.

            Many issues to be brought up soon.
                     Stay tuned!
 Anthony

5 comments:

  1. Abortion is wrong, no matter what way you look at it, and also the concept of gay marrige. Forever up to this point the Church (whichever one) as well as the general public has taken the right course by declaring the act of homosexual marrige as both immoral and unlawful.I have nothing against being gay, its just that you shouldn't get married, and keep you urges to yourself. Also marijuana should never be legalized. If as many people used that as smoked cigarettes, this country would be ruined. There would be no productivity, and there would be no sense of purpose in peoples lives beyond finding money for your next joint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that's odd. Marijuana has been legalized (for people with the diseases listed above and other diseases) since 1998. Hmm..

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What i mean is that if it was legalized for everyone to use... something that some people have been asking for lately. I have no problem with its being used for medical reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah i'm pretty much against recreational use

    ReplyDelete